General & Specialist Dentistry for Local Families
in Bega Valley, Merimbula, Tura beach, Pambula and surrounding towns.
- Crowns and Veneers
- Dental implant surgery and restoration
- Dentures Full and Part (On-site lab)
- Dental bridge work
- Zoom whitening -on-chair and take home dental bleaching
- General Dentistry e.g. check-up, cleaning, fillings etc
- Wisdom teeth removal
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Sports Mouthguards
- Root canal treatment
What is a crown or a cap?
A crown is used to completely cap or cover a damaged/weakened tooth. Apart from providing strength, a crown can be used to improve its appearance, shape or alignment. A crown can also be placed on top of an implant to provide a tooth-like shape and structure for function. There are few options based on material Porcelain or Ceramic, Metal or Porcelain fused to metal
Some of the benefits of a crown are
- Replace a large filling when there isn't enough tooth remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from further fracturing. Provides strength.
- Restore a fractured tooth to function. Improves mastication.
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has gone through root canal therapy
What are dental Implants?
A dental implant is a procedure of replacing tooth whereby a titanium fixture or screw is placed into the jawbone. This implant acts as a support or anchor for a new false tooth, or set of teeth.
Some of the benefits include:
- Replaces missing teeth
- Ability to chew and speak properly
- Restore your natural smile
- Preservation of remaining jaw bone
Maintain good bite by not allowing adjacent and opposite teeth to move into missing tooth space
What are the benefits of dentures?
Dentures is one of the most common dental treatments in the world. Whether you are missing few or all of your teeth it is very important to replace these teeth for oral health reasons. A denture fills in the space created by extracted or missing teeth and completes your radiant smile.
They are made to precisely custom fit your mouth. Modern dentures can look very life-like and feel very comfortable in your mouth. Dentures can be either partial (when some teeth remain) or complete (i.e. all teeth are missing) or implant supported (takes support from implants)
Some of the benefits are:
- Improved Aesthetics.
- Improved mastication if missing a lot of teeth.
- Protect remaining teeth (if any) from excess wear.
- Help support the facial and lip muscles to stop these from ‘sinking in’.
- Cheapest way to replace many missing teeth.
What is a bridge?
A bridge can be an option if you have one or more missing teeth. Gaps left by missing teeth eventually cause the remaining teeth to rotate or shift into the empty spaces, resulting in a poor occlusion or bite. The imbalance caused by missing teeth can also lead to gum disease and even temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
Unlike removable devices such a denture, which can be taken out and cleaned daily, bridges are cemented onto existing teeth or implants, and can only be removed by a dentist. They literally bridge the gap where the teeth are missing.
There are few options based on material Porcelain or Ceramic, Metal or Porcelain fused to metal.
Why choose Philips Zoom?
Philips Zoom is not only proven to whiten teeth up to eight shades, it’s also completely safe. While other whitening products can harm your teeth and gums, PhilipsZoom with Relief ACP actually gives you greater luster and protects enamel.
Please click on the link below for further information:
We are accepting new patients, so if you are looking for a dentist in the Bega Valley region, come and check us out! We would love to be servocing more families, individuals and even businesses in the Merimbula, Tura beach & Pambula areas as well as thier surrounding towns. If you would like to find out more about our dental practice or the services we offer, or even come in for a tour of our facilities, please contact us here.